Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

part I of II


i'm posting two things today. the bad news first.

it'd been in the works for a couple months while they were seperated, but my parents are officially getting a divorce. my dad told my mom he wanted one for sure this morning. it's devastating news.

you really don't know the feeling of having your heart broken until your family is torn apart - slowly and painfully.

it's causing a lot of damage in a lot of different ways to everyone in the family.

but this morning in the shower i started to pray. and i started to cry. because i know God is going to send my mom a strong, godly, wonderful (let's not leave out handsome!!) man to take care of her and my little brother. i just know that will happen.

divorce is a terrible thing and i don't believe it's the right thing in very many cases - this one included. but what the world breaks and ruins, God can use for His glory. and i believe He'll do that.

there will be a million more tears, but someday, we'll see how the most high God used this situation to change our lives for the better.

until then...

1 comment:

oakland heidi said...

even though I don't know you, I will wish good things for your family....