Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Sunday, November 06, 2005

i am blessed.


i am blessed.

but the title of this entry is actually referring to a song i just finished singing as a special (just a solo) at church this weekened. it's called 'blessed.' it was SO hard.

i cried after i sang it the second time this morning at the 9:15 service. but after my third and final try at 10:30 - i feel like i really accomplished something.

the only reason i did though was because i had God to help me. i could never sing a rachel lampa song based on my own ability to sing. i just have an OK voice that can match notes pretty well when someone tells me what to sing.

but for some reason i got this song to try, and i practiced more than i've ever practiced any other song before.

then i gave it up to God. and he delivered. at times i didn't think he did - i thought i sounded pretty crappy at some points. but so many people have come up to me and told me they were blessed by it. and that's all that matters: that God touched them.

i trust he used my feeble musical abilities to change someones life.

i am honored.

...and blessed!

No comments: