Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Friday, February 21, 2014

Feeling the urgency.

I most often hear from the Holy Spirit in the morning. I hate to get out of bed, but once I do, morning is my most favorite time. If we could go back to sleep at 2 p.m., that would be ideal for me. I'm worthless in the afternoon.

But I digress. This morning, with crisp February air stinging and steamy coffee warming, I felt a fresh wave of urgency. I feel this wave often, but it comes on stronger and stronger all the time.

My children are growing. Their hearts and minds are changing minute-by-minute. They ask questions and have experiences that take me by surprise. Is it really already time for this?

Folks. It's already time.

My kids need scripture. I need scripture to give my kids! Life.is.happening. Life requires scripture.

Jesus, give me wisdom and insight to speak just the right scripture at just the right moment to my children. Mold their hearts through Your word. Mold mine. We all need You so badly. Our lives depend on it.

No comments: