Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Monday, October 28, 2013

Untitled.

I'm a terrible crafter. I'm the kind of person you think would be a crafter. But when it comes down to it, I have interest in only the sporadic craft, and it better take 30 minutes from set up to clean up.

This truth disappoints me, but I'm slowly learning the kind of project at which I can excel with minimal frustration. 

Even so, I'm also starting to think putting my hand to something again and again over a longer period of time may be worth it in some cases. The trouble is twofold: 1) how to know when and 2) having the discipline to trudge on when the gratification is less than instant. I pretty much suck at follow through.

Before me lies, right now, a very obvious turning point. The beginning of the after and end of the before. There are two cords of great importance -- my life's work, to be sure -- waiting to be braided together into what will be my future. They lay long and straight up ahead, beckoning. My move. 

I have been frozen. The project is too large. I suck at crafting anything worthwhile, anything that takes every day. I have not been successful at this. To be suddenly aware that my daily choices will carve this outcome whether I like it or not has me heading for the hills.

I am frozen, but... Icicles melt a drip at a time. There is a slow thaw.

Drop by drop a puddle is forming in which I can see my wavy, rippled reflection.

Failed crafter, life carver. 




1 comment:

Bre Hargrove said...

I feel this to the ninth power, friend. For myself and for you. Get started, sister! I'm ready to read your words written and perfectly bound together in a sweet book that God called you to be the author of.