Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My music.


Lylah doesn't feel good today. Her tummy hurts. I think she is hungry, but at the same time can't keep much more than mama's milk down. She's fussy and only wants to be held. The timing is a bit frustrating since I have so much to do for school, but how can I truly be upset about cuddles? Not possible.

A second ago, I scooped her up off the floor from beside my laptop for the umpteenth time today. I drifted into the living room and spontaneously started singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." She relaxed into my arms, her head nestled into the space between my shoulder and my neck as she slowly patted her chubby hand on my bare upper arm.

Even when she's not sick, Lylah loves for me to sing to her. More than any of my other children. She sings to me as her way of asking for a song. It does this latent music girl's heart good.

I just wanted to remember.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

:) What a beautiful picture! Sorry, she's not feeling well. Those days are tough.

ree said...

Sweet, sweet memories....