Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Knit to me.

He thinks he looks goofy in this photo. His mouth is open. His mouth is always open. I love his lips. See that hand? I never get tired of my fingers intertwined with those. I ache for them when he's gone. And that book? People. This man is deeply, desperately hungry for the gospel and ministry and how be an agent of Jesus to change lives. His earlobes are on my little boy. His eyes look back at me from three little faces. Half of me and half of him, they walk around reminding me of God's call on his life, their lives. Our life.

I am so proud when I get updates of the work he's doing in Haiti right now. But, oh, it's only Wednesday. Woeful. Wednesday. I want badly to have him back, here, within arm's reach. In my sight line.

He is mine and I am his, and a part of me is missing until his return.

No comments: