Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Saturday, September 18, 2010

perspective.

it's easy for me to get extremely caught up in everything i have to do, everything i hope to do, everything i'm expected (mostly by myself) to do. i get very focused on grinding through hours and days and weeks. then i have a moment to pause, and i cry because things are not really going as i'd like, the perfect image my head somehow thinks its qualified to create. then He squeezes my heart with His hand and tells me, "look." and i do. and my souls sings, "this is the day the Lord has made. i will rejoice and be glad in it" as i count my infinite blessings on little fingers and toes, wiping snotty noses all the while. theirs and mine.

No comments: