Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Sunday, February 07, 2010

30 things i love about my 30-year-old love.

1. his blond beard
2. his clear blue eyes
3. how he gave his blond hair and blue eyes to our children
4. his memories of me when we were dating
5. his hands
6. how he listens to podcasts of other preachers to learn and grow
7. how often he volunteers or agrees to do the dishes
8. his vocabulary
9. how his mind is always on his flock
10. how so many people consider him their best friend, me included
11. how he doesn't seem to find me less attractive on days i haven't washed my hair or put on makeup
12. his dreams, for our family and for his ministry
13. his giving heart, he truly longs to bless others
14. the way his ankles look covered in grass after he's mowed the lawn
15. how he brags that i like to watch sports with him
16. how well he fathers our daughter: captivated by her all the time, firm when needed
17. how well he fathers our son: just enough rough and tumble, plenty of affection
18. how it feels to lay in bed next to him during a sunday afternoon nap
19. how he can talk me down from any stress or worry
20. the way he stares at me
21. the way he commands respect
22. how he makes me laugh
23. his movie quoting obsession
24. his relationship with his family
25. the way he looks while he drives
26. the way he sings in the shower
27. his hugs and kisses
28. his love of reading
29. his west texas roots
30. how he rescued me, teaching me what a good, godly man ought to be, being one i want to spend 30+30+30 more years with.

happy 30th birthday, landon. i love you more than you will ever fathom.

No comments: