Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Friday, February 13, 2009

two whole years.


ellie, i've spent most of today getting ready for your party tomorrow. but at one point this evening, i managed to catch you alone in the dining room at mamo's house. i asked you if i could pick you up. you put down the rosa's cup of tea you stole from jo, and reached up toward me. i told you i loved you, and was overwhelmed thinking that i've been a mom -- your mom -- for two whole years today. i held you close, and i cried. i can't explain the joy you bring to my life every day. you're smart, and you're sassy. it may sound silly, but you have a tenacity and determination that i admire. being your mom is an advendure. my life changed forever two years ago, and i love you more and more every day. i'm so glad you're my little girl. happy birthday. love, mommy.

1 comment:

JAC said...

Happy Birthday a day late to my little angel. I love you Ellie! Baca