Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

feelin' it.

today i'm feelin' the two-kids-18-months-apart thing.

it has taken me until now to keep everyone fed and get everyone bathed (myself NOT included) and sleeping (sorta -- ellie's quiet but kicks her crib every now and again..) at the same time.

it's nearly 5 o'clock.

ellie is needy today. gray is endlessly hungry. all i want to do is sleep.

i should be taking a shower right now, but i decided i'd take a moment for a snack.

pretzel sticks and fat-free cream cheese, a diet coke and just a few moments on the blogs is making me feel better.

i should watch john & kate plus 8.

3 comments:

La said...

It can be so frustrating to feel SO unproductive sometimes. Just remember what John always sweetly reminds me - if all I get done is take care of my babies, then my job is being done. The house WILL get messy and you may not always get a shower, but if your babies are fed and loved, then you're doing great! You'll get the hang of it and it gets so much easier once your youngest is old enough to be on a schedule you can count on. Hang in there. =)

Adam said...

Jon and Kate plus 8 always puts my kid problems in to perspective too! Pam makes me watch it and I just can't imagine the chaos. Keep your head up, they are only this small once and...it does get easier :)

Susan said...

This is a poem my mom gave me when I used to complain that I never felt like I was getting anything done. "Cleaning and scrubbing
can wait till tomorrow...
for babies grow up
we've learned to our sorrow...
So quiet down cobwebs-
dust go to sleep...
I'm rocking my baby
and babies don't keep!!"
It is so true! I am missing something right now, and it is killing me! You keep keeping us up to date on all the latest minutiae. I don't want to miss anything.
I Love You All
Mom