Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Thursday, July 31, 2008

38 weeks.


"oh, mercy" has become my favorite phrase in these last two weeks. aching feet, aching back, aching everything. shooting pains. heartburn. painful baby movement -- he doesn't seem to be following the rule of moving less since he's bigger. he's just decided to stretch the limits of human skin. lovely. i went to the doctor today, and i'm dilated to a 2 now. (was a 1 this time last week.) i have the option of an induction in one week from today. i'll spare you the silly, pregnant lady drama i'm wallowing in regarding that decision. i'm having a garage sale tomorrow and saturday. that is just plain dumb. that's all there is to it. it's hot as hades, i'm sore when i just do regular stuff, let alone work outside and, oh, did i mention it's hot as hades? i do think the payoff, both monetary and in the fact that i'll be rid of WAY too much crap, will be beneficial to my nesting mama psyche, however. so.. i'm going for it. i guess that's about it. the ever-conflicting feelings of being SO ready and being SO not ready. if you're looking for something you've never heard from a 38-week-pregnant woman, you're not gonna get it here. sorry. though it's bound to be excruciating, i'm going to have to try to go to bed. six a.m. garage sale set up is gonna come real early.

happy 38 weeks.

on the right, 36 weeks. the left, 38 weeks, today.

4 comments:

mari said...

sooooo close! ....and yet it feels so far.

Christal said...

My heart goes out to you. It was hot enough in June having Addie but being pregnant now I think I would have lost my mind. But you are a tough gal and you will come out with flying colors!

kablot spot said...

Well, I bet you make more on your garage sale. I always tip higher if the waiter is pregnant. I bet people won't talk you down on prices as much, either. I would like to know if that happens.

Natalie said...

You are a tough one. Pregnant. Texas. August. Not a good combination. But dont worry, you're almost there! Wanted you to know I hated to miss your shower. We had just gotten in from NYC the night before and I had two papers due the next morning. Your present is on the way though! Much love and air conditioning.