Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Saturday, October 20, 2007

tonight was tears.

ellie's name has already been removed from the nursery roster. i cried all the way through gerald's service, running my fingers over "pastor landon henry - 6th- through 8th-grade youth pastor" on the back of the bulletin. tonight was our going away party with the youth. you ought to see some of the letters the kids wrote to landon.

my heart hurts. it's a weird feeling because i have complete and utter peace about moving to san angelo. but it still hurts. a lot. pain and peace is not a combination i've felt very often in my life. very strange.

there are several things about this move that are different from any others with which i've ever been involved.

before now, i've been leaving my best friend behind.

this time, i get to bring my best friend with me.

i can't tell you how much easier that makes it.

3 comments:

La said...

Feeling your pain. That's exactly what I told John though - I'm so glad I get to go with him. I can handle leaving anyone else, as long as we get to stay together.

beautiful chaos said...

It is very hard, isn't it?
I am glad that you are so willing to leave your very full and wonderful life there to come and share what giftings you have with us! I know it may have it's ups and downs but we'll walk down the road with you, friend!

Christal said...

That is hard. So many new things, changes happening. I know how it is leaving a place and people you love but also being excited about what's ahead and doing it with your best friend. It can give you plenty of mixed emotions. But you will have us to help you all adjust and love your new home.