Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Monday, June 18, 2007

dear landon 7.

dear landon,

it's been cloudy most of the time you've been gone. i'm pretty much expecting the clouds to break to a blindingly-sunshine sky when you return to me.

i'm so tired.

as you know, ellie slept through the night for the week before you left for nicaragua.

she hasn't slept through the night since you left.

i had that flu-feeling thing, i'm having cramps (yeah, go ahead and celebrate, it came), i haven't slept at all, work has been hard and mom has surgery tomorrow. the mixture is compounding to an exhaustion that would seem only to be quenched with a week straight of sleep.

i don't really understand it because kylah has been wonderful. she's helped me clean. taken ellie an awful lot -- even some early mornings. she's done all our laundry, changed the sheets and taken doc outside more often than anyone i've ever known.

i guess there's just something about you that brings an energy and spirit to my life. without you, i just feel tired. things seem weird. i feel like i'd rather just stay in bed. you're my reason to rise in the morning.

you being gone also makes me extra dramatic and melancholy -- as is quite evident.

oh! and to top it all off, i had to go to the dentist again today. my jaws and teeth hurt so bad. i hate the dentist.

i love you, my love. i'm checking my email every 10 minutes. write me, won't you?

wondering how many breaths it will take to get through four more days,

your wife

No comments: