Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Monday, February 05, 2007

baby shower no. 3

this was my shower from a couple weekends ago. it was completely wonderful. laid-back, lots of close friends and family, great food and my aunt's super comfortable house. nat bought me a ton of cute clothes, molly did too and made the most precious scrapbook and my sister, mom and future sister-in-law bought me a prenatal massage and warm cream pedicure at the elizabeth arden red door spa at willow bend mall. i cashed in my gift certificate for that last wednesday, and it was more than fantastic. ellie's wardrobe doubled again, i think -- she got some really beautiful stuff. my sister also, in tandem with her boyfriend, made the sweetest homemade bug drawings for the nursery. they are super cute and special. mom got ellie a really sweet pink sweater and red full-body jacket, complete with scarf. both are in the diaper bag ready to take to the hospital in case it's cold on her homecoming day. becky and katie got us ikea gift cards, and we plan to go buy ellie's dresser and a bookshelf either today or tomorrow. my gramma bought ellie an adoreable outfit (complete with matching doll), a CD and a target gift card, which helped us buy the stroller/infant seat. and my aunt, in addition to hosting the whole thing in her lovely home, gave us the money to buy a CD player for the nursery. it was really an amazing time, and i was showered with even more blessings. i don't think they'll ever end.





these are photos nat took. molly and mom have some too. i'll post those when (if?) i get them.

No comments: