Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Thursday, October 19, 2006

happy anniversary to us!

the beginning portion of our day was spend away from each other. i was helping arrange flowers for molly's wedding the next day, and landon had some work things to do. he also checked us into our hotel in frisco. little did i know, he was making things beautiful for me in that hotel also. we had a great dinner at the keg then retired to our hotel. the place was covered in tea light candles and rose petals. it was gorgeous. i also got the most beautiful amethyst necklace. it's the february birthstone so it's for my baby and my husband. so great. i love it more than any other one i saw myself. landon is so good at picking things for me. i got him a (waay boring in comparison) wallet that he badly needed. he seems to like it so that's good. we ate some bites of our cake, which tastes AT LEAST as good as it did one year ago. landon said, "i think it tastes even better!" thank you again, jackie spratt. we watched father of the bride II (how appropriate). then we slept in a really fabulously comfortable bed, and enjoyed a great early-morning breakfast while we watched the rain fall outside. it was an amazing anniversary. of course, i cried because i love landon so much. he's such an amazing husband. i'm not sure what i did to deserve him, but i'm sure glad i did it.

the top of our cake and our wedding invitation. ah, the memories.
the top of the top. i love the coarse sugar.
my wedding dress! if only i could put it on...
handsome husband at dinner.
me at dinner.
take two: had to get the food in there.
landon and i with full tummies.
my necklace! isn't it beautiful?
a hottie with a wallet.
me and my necklace.
my roses and some of my candles.
rose petals on the bed. mmmm...
our piece of cake in a tupperware. we didn't eat anywhere near all of that -- that's why i didn't bring the whole top.
close up of my pretty flowers.
me taking a bite of cake. it's hard to feed someone and take their picture from six inches away at the same time.
see what i mean? (landon taking a bite.)

No comments: