Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Friday, March 24, 2006

crap week No. 2. (aka: week 3 diet results.)


week of March 19:

goal: 28.8 lbs

lbs lost this week: +.6
total lbs lost: 3.6
lbs to goal: 25.2

....

this is going in the complete opposite direction than it needs to be going. however, i will say that there is nothing to blame it on this week but a lack of discipline on my part. i didn't count points. i ate friend chicken. i didn't work out. not once.

but i did stay for the meeting this morning, and i realized something. this is a journey. every week is not going to be 5-plus pounds lost. and two weeks of gaining is disappointing. but let's think about the options: 1.) i give up and just keep gaining more and feel like crap, possibly hindering my health for the future and definitely hindering my self-imagine or 2.) i try again. and think about the long term. yeah, i did crappy for two weeks, gaining back 1.6 of the 5.3 pounds lost. but there's always next week.

here's hoping that over a 10-month period, odds are i can come out on top if i just work at it.

plus there's the thought of myself in a bikini. and that's enough to send me back to carrots and broccoli faster than the speed of light.

good thing for the week: stuffing myself with fried food and/or mexican actually makes me sick to my stomach now. it's an uncomfortable feeling that really makes me want to vomit to get rid of it. (don't worry...VERY far from bulimia.) but seriously... it's like i'm uncomfortable eating too much or eating crap. and that's progress. right?

No comments: