Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Monday, June 25, 2012

Lylah Ruth is 1.

Lylah turned one yesterday. One whole year! Her party was on Saturday on Mamo's deck with a "confetti" theme. Yeah, I know confetti isn't really a theme. Lots of our friends and family came, and it was a great time. I think the girl doubled her wardrobe. This mama is not complaining.

She still only has two teeth, and doesn't stand or walk yet. She teased us by sleeping through the night two nights in a row last week, but went right back to waking up once or twice to nurse. She has starting saying "num num num" for food or milk, and I swear she is saying "Pa." She says "dadadada!" when she's happy and "mamamama" when she's sad. Her eardrum burst about 10 days ago, and we have to get it rechecked at her 1 year appointment. She claps all.the.time, and squishes up her nose when she's irritated. She gives seriously great hugs and huge, slobbery open mouth kisses. She was the biggest of my babies at birth, but is now the smallest since she falls in the 50th percentile on the charts. (Ellie and Gray are between 75th and 90th on all counts.)

I had a really hard time in the month leading up to her birthday. Time flies too fast. The saying, "the days are long, but the years are short," is truer than truer than true. A third child really is a special thing. You don't worry as much, and that gives you more time to ache with overflowing love. She is my brown-eyed girl, and my whole heart is marked by her first year of life in our family.

I love you, Lylah Ruth. I love you. I love you. I love you.

Birth Story
One week
Two weeks 
Three weeks
Two months
Three months
Four months
Five months
Six months
Seven months
Eight months
Nine months
Ten months
Eleven months
One year

1 comment:

ree said...

Seriously precious! :)