Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Getting out of the way.

(twenty)12.

If I had a dollar for every post I've read about resolutions and goals in the past two weeks, I would be a rich, rich woman. I have several lists myself, to be honest. And on New Year's Day, I was praying, telling God all that I hoped to accomplish in several different categories when I said something that the Holy Spirit used to get my attention.

"I know I've planned to complete many of these things before and failed, but this time is different. I just need to get out of my own way."

It just sorta came out.

I. My. Own.

As soon as I said it, I stopped, my soul knowing before my brain what was coming.

"Wrong. You need to get out of My way."

Gulp.

It quickly became one of those moments in which I instinctively went to my knees. Silent, listening, where I should have been from the beginning.

New Year's Resolution 2012: Get out of His way.

*****
Because I do crave structure, I am going to be working through Simple Mom's e-book: "One Bite at a Time: 52 Projects for Making Life Simpler" and blogging about it here. Many of the projects are already on my 2012 to-do list, and Tsh breaks everything down beautifully in easy-to-digest bites. Look for the first post later this week.

I've had the book since August, and read through it several times. I have no question that it's awesome. If you think you'd like to join me on the journey, won't you click the link listed above (I'll include it in all my posts) or the button on my sidebar when you purchase the book? I'm an affiliate and will receive a portion of the sale if you buy using the links on this blog. Thanks!

No comments: