Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Friday, December 02, 2011

a guest post with ivory john.

i have a guest post up over at Ivory John today. i'm talking about the little things.

A single teal-handled paintbrush in a recycled mason jar does it. So does a beam of the late afternoon sun shining across my otherwise messy living room. When I allow myself to respond to the prompting of the Holy Spirit to “slow down already,” the fog clears from the windows of a hurry-up, try-hard life, and I can see.

I can see that it’s the little things that matter.

It is a day-to-day journey for me to stop and behold the wonder that is my life. I am so easily ensnared in things to do, places to go, people to see that I miss the blessings and miracles that swirl around me, waiting for my head to stop spinning with the urgent go, Go, GO! of my days. They are presents from a creative King who wants to show off His glory. And I’m too busy to enjoy the gift.


Thanks again, John, for the opportunity!!!

No comments: