Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Monday, March 28, 2011

spring break 2011: north carolina.

the second half of my spring break this year was spent in beautiful western north carolina with my dad, visiting my grandparents. spring had just started to bloom and, for the most part, we just ate, talked and enjoyed each other's company. i hadn't seen my grandparents in nearly 10 years when we went so it was a super treat of a trip. i posted about their beautiful cottage home and amazingly-creative doll house as well.

the tulip tree in their neighborhood.

so pretty.

granddaddy giving us a presentation about nasa and the space mission. he worked forever as an engineer for nasa in houston and was an integral part of the country's mission to put the first man on the moon.

i recorded parts of his talk, which i need to get uploaded here soon. i die for their virginian accents.

grandmother, listening intently.

no telling how many times she's heard this story, but she was as engaged as ever. such a good wife.

one afternoon, we trekked to asheville.

me and dad.

pretty pink tree.

another tulip tree.

forsythia.

in asheville, we ate at the historic grove park inn.
the oyster bisque was divine.

grandmother's crab cake.

my enormous lobster salad.

the view from our table. can you see the mountains in the distance?

sweet grandparents...

...with their son, my dad.

grandmother, granddaddy, me and baby lylah.

1 comment:

Tricia and Anthony said...

Sarah, I LOVE Asheville. We went in Jan/Feb and had the Grove Park Inn on our list, but never made it there for a meal. Drove up and took pics. Now, after seeing your delicious pics, I SO wish we had made the time to eat.