Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Sunday, November 28, 2010

thanks.

i have discovered that i'm pretty terrible at taking photos at holidays and events. i do my best photography on a random afternoon at 5. pressure to perform gets to me, i guess. lucky for me, kelly brought her fabulous camera to my house for thanksgiving and has promised to email me all the wonderful photos she took. my mom also took quite a few during soccer outside and the tree decorating on friday night. (she was contemplating stealing the camera.) whenever i receive the shots, i will post them here.

the weekend was fab. mom, dad, gramma, grampa, scott, kelly, laura & travis + our four squished into my house and ate off plates balanced on knees on a hodge podge of chairs in the living room for thanksgiving. the meal was a group effort as were the other several meals we cooked together over three days. we were crammed into the kitchen, every inch of counter space occupied. pots bubbling and boiling, cookies burning, dogs lapping at crumbs dropped. it was perfect. thanks to relatives who don't mind waking up early with my kids, landon and i even got to sleep in pretty late all weekend. as i said, the tree is up and lovely. i have the rest of the holiday decorating to get up/fall decorating to put away still to do.

december is already crammed, but i am going to try my darnedest to maintain the thankfulness i feel in my heart now throughout the next several weeks.

a few weeks ago, at the women's retreat, we were supposed to make a list of ways we could see the hand of God in our lives, things we were thankful for, blessings poured over our lives.

i thought it appropriate to share a sampling here at the tail end of this weekend.

+You made the world!
+You gave me a heritage of faith, a family who loves You.
+You gave me an insightful spirit.
+You healed my body.
+You healed my heart.
+You saved my soul!
+You gave me a God-fearing husband.
+You blessed me with a family to show me how to live for you.
+You gave me more godly friends than I can count.
+You provide perfectly for our needs.
+You gave me ellie.
+You gave me grayson.
+You've given me a heart for missions.
+You've given me confidence.
+You've given me the opportunity to minister.

this isn't all of them, and i only quit listing because i ran out of space on the assigned card.

the blessings are abundant and overflowing and never ending.

hope your weekend was as lovely as mine, and thanksgiving remains in your heart as well.

No comments: