Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Thursday, September 23, 2010

my first movie.



i went to a workshop today called "using flip video in the classroom" where every participant received a flip video camera to take back to their campus. during lunch, we were given an assignment to capture a few video clips to turn into a movie in windows movie maker upon our return. here's what i came up with. there is one clip that, strangely, appears to have not taken the filter i know i applied, and i wish i'd interviewed one more person. but it was so fun! since this camera is for school use only, i am already dropping (not-so-)subtle hints about what i'd like for my upcoming birthday or christmas. who knew i could make movies?

1 comment:

La said...

That's so cool! What a neat workshop! I bought a Flip camera with birthday money this year and I think it's great. I got mine at Best Buy for only $107 - it was new in the box but someone had opened and then returned it so they marked it down. Yea! There were a number of reviews that made me hesitate about getting one, but I've been happy with mine.

I'm so glad you mentioned the Windows movie maker. I have really wanted to make movies and didn't know what to use. I haven't had the time to really look into it much, and I thought I would have to pay for something good. Did you like using the Windows program? Your movie was great - and I'm assuming that you didn't have a super long time to do it. Such a neat thing to be able to do for church stuff too!