Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Monday, August 09, 2010

washed by the water.


oh, how i need this today.

this band ministers to me so much, and the lyrics of this particular song are perfect for my mindset at the moment. i'm feeling quite a bit of anxiety about going back to school. tomorrow starts inservice. i know my second year will be easier in some aspects, but several other factors will be different this time around. kids will go to preschool. ministries have been added. and other things may go down over the course of the year that will make life more hectic.

i am very, very prone to becoming overwhelmed (who isn't?!) if i do not allow the Lord to minister to me on a daily basis. heck, some (most?) days it's a minute-by-minute necessity.

but oh, He is so faithful. nothing about my life has to change, but when i get into His presence and let Him wash me in His holy, cleansing water, i am revived, i can do it, He has chosen me for such a time as this! instead of dread and defeat, i am full of energy, purpose and excitement.

oh, Lord, in the coming days, please help me to remember and make it a priority to desperately seek Your face before i face my life. You have not called me to anything for which You will not equip me.

Your plans are great for me and my family. the difference between seeing Your hand and being overwhelmed and discouraged is allowing my heart and my sight to be washed.

even when the rain falls,
even when the flood starts rising,
even when the storm comes
i am washed by the water

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I love this band!

ree said...

Thank you for posting this!
I evaluated small vocal ensemble at nationals, and there was a brother/sister who sang this. They ended up in the top three. I absolutely loved it, but I didn't know who sang it originally.
I know I'm a few days behind, but I'm praying for you as you begin this new year!