Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

a word.

a certain issue has been plaguing me for two years. i've written about it here before. never with specifics because the specifics don't matter. what does matter is that i've felt paralyzed by it and regarding it for two whole years. that's a long time to walk in the valley, and, as far as i can see, the journey is not ending any time soon. after laying dormant for a bit, the issue resurfaced yesterday in a way that, honestly, hurt my feelings. a lot.

but, i am not forgotten.

this morning, while talking with a friend about some scriptures she had been reading, God showed me isaiah 61:7. it was one of those in-a-page-full-of-scripture-my-gaze-landed-here situations. my eyes filled with tears as a i read it, and i tried, unsuccessfully, to read it aloud to my friend. oh, my heart.

He has not forgotten or forsaken me. He is with me in the valley. and the mountain of salvation, no matter how distant, is on the horizon.

"instead of your shame you shall have double honor, and instead of confusion they shall rejoice in their portion. therefore in their land they shall possess double; everlasting joy shall be theirs."
{isaiah 61:7}

2 comments:

ree said...

Oh, how He loves us.....

Love said...

amen.

hoping you feel His love. peace. grace. wash over you right now!