Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

from this afternoon's reading.

"most of us are asking, 'God, why did you let this happen to me?' or, 'God, why won't you just . . . (fill in the blank -- help me succeed, get my kids to straighten out, fix my marriage -- you know what you've been whining about).' but to enter into a journey of initiation with God requires a new set of questions: what are you trying to teach me here? what issues in my heart are you trying to raise through this? what is it you want me to see? what are you asking me to let go of? in truth, God has been trying to initiate you for a long time. what is in the way is how you've mishandled your wound and the life you've constructed as a result."
-wild at heart
by john eldredge

No comments: