Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

good stuff.

linky rabbit trail led me to this post yesterday.

it's good. and it's loooong. fyi.

my favorite nugget:
"the man who taught me to think says this about two different kinds of rewards:  when the Lord promises a reward, He first reveals the cost to be incurred, and, if we comply with the requirements, then we receive the reward.  with satan, he gives you the reward first, and then the cost is revealed and paid."

2 comments:

cls said...

Great nugget! And oh-so-true!

The Mrs. Long said...

That is a super cool testimony! I did good keeping my tears to myself until the very end where people commented and someone told him they couldn't hold a candle to him. I think that is SUPER awesome!