Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Saturday, December 20, 2008

dreaming of a typewriter collection.

i have become aware of the existence of a red, manual typewriter that was my great-grandfather's. he wrote his sermons on it. i want it so, so, so bad. (remember this post?) my great-aunt joyce has it currently, and i plan to ask whether she'd be generous enough to pass it down to me. i would cherish it so. what an amazing piece of my heritage.

i just love typewriters. i love how the letters look on a page that's been typewritten. i love how loud they are. i love that my writing mentor bangs so hard on his computer keyboard out of habit born from using a typewriter early in his career. i can remember playing with an automatic one my grandparents had during visits to them in north carolina as a kid. typewriters are just cool. i also want to (selectively) collect things that feature typewriters. like this little cup. it only adds to the awesomeness that it says "chicago."

No comments: