- first and foremost, happy election day! because we're into self punishment, we have not yet voted. we will be going around 3 p.m. to stand in what is sure to be a long line at st. luke's. we're looking for a babysitter. any takers? election day babysitter?
- grayson has been asleep since midnight. enough said. (ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!)
- i have yet to post about it, but the henry daycare is in full swing. i am watching grant today while jenny is tutoring. i'll have him every tuesday and thursday (though the schedule will be quite sparse over these holiday months). i'll add casen, a 5-day-a-weeker, next monday. grant is a total angel. he is doing a fabulous job entertaining ellie. jenny, can i have him every day?
- a confirmation after the last stint as henry daycare: watching bigger babies is easier than newborns; watching any babies is a million times easier when you're not pregnant.
- being that i will have at least 3 children under 2 in my home on any given day, i will not be about town much during the day. if you have an errand, a meeting, a spa appointment, feel free to bring your children to the henry daycare. no call-ahead necessary! the more the merrier!
- i need to put away all the clean laundry i spend 100 hours washing yesterday. yes, there were 100 hours in yesterday. you didn't know?
- i need to baby proof my kitchen so the kids can just roam. grant has already busted through the gates. he laughs at my gates.
- i have an etsy order i really hope comes today.
- pacifiers, aka sassas or pappis (not sure if i have that spelling...), are, um, being shared. i'm not sure how to remedy this siuation.
- goldfish are being stolen. by ellie. poor grant.
- more information on the henry daycare and thoughts surrounding its birth: landon and i have gotten serious about trying to make headway on monetary issues that have exponentially increased as of late. the first step was to begin the process to become a teacher (money is not the only reason i'm trying to teach, but it is sort of an added bonus. they pay you!), but that, as you know, will take some time to come to fruition. in the mean time, i am watching grant and casen on top of stories, nursery coordination and cleaning half the church. landon has gotten another job at target (give him some love during your holiday shopping!), and we're discussing the possibility of getting a paper route. a lot? yes. doable? with the right attitude and some serious coordinating? oh yeah. i think we're finally fed up, and we're charging right at the issue with guns a'blazin. pray for our continued motivation and God's blessing on our efforts.
- i went to target three times yesterday. more amazing: there was nary a child in my care for any of the trips. can you say twilight zone?
- grayson is still asleep. ho-ly smokes.
Aiming for progress, not perfection.
"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."