Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Sunday, November 09, 2008

appropriate. 'cause yesterday was my birthday.

where was i?

1 minute ago: in my kitchen, feeding ellie m&m's. awesome.

1 day ago: at the "stepping into joy" retreat with 34 other wonderful ladies. we were out in the country, which explains why my phone wasn't working for all your wonderful birthday phone calls. sorry!

1 week ago (and one day): shopping! and calling my dad, 'cause it was his birthday.

1 month ago: learning that my 83-year-old grandmother had just purchased her first computer, and was up and running on the internet.

3 years ago: i had been married for 3 weeks, and was working as a staff writer at people newspapers.

5 years ago: i was 21, had fallen madly in love with landon, was in my junior year studying journalism at smu and taking lots of hours in order to graduate a semester early.

7 years ago: i was still thinking about 9-11, deciding to be a journalist and partying it up my freshman year of college. kayci brooks was my roommate. God had begun the slow process of turning my heart toward Him. it would still be awhile before i'd get it.

10 years ago: oh, my word, this is crazy to think about. i was a sophomore at wilsonville high school and lived in tualatin, oregon. i was performing my second time in "grease" and we lived on 5 (was it 5?) acres and had horses. i was "in love" with a boy whom i thought i was going to marry. that, my friends, seems like a lifetime ago.

No comments: