i have been suffering terrible internet/blogging/emailing/web surfing withdrawal symptoms. like, seriously, i've been depressed. sad, i know.
luckily, he brought it home tonight.
here is some of the buildup:
- grayson has a newborn photo shoot scheduled with sprinkle of grace in the morning. sunken gardens, morning sunlight, naked baby butt, jenny pressing the shutter. i'm so excited.
- wendy -- i'm on track for your five weeks of soreness. week three today, and i'm still miserable. blah!
- ellie stole my nursing pad while i was feeding gray this afternoon and stuck it on her chest. silly girl.
- i'm having a TERRIBLE time getting ellie down at nap time and bedtime these days. she literally sits in her bed for more than an hour, refusing to sleep. this afternoon, she was screaming bloody murder instead of taking her nap. all this through practically closing eyes because she is so tired. finally, i spanked her. after a little bit more protest, though significantly less intense, she finally gave in. i guess it worked.
- during the same nursing session that she pulled the nursing pad silliness, ellie was climbing on the couch and yanking on the blinds. i, obviously, with an eating baby in my arms, could only scold her from the chair. she just stared at me and kept going. after 14 reprimands, i raised my voice. she frowned and then hit herself in the butt twice and said, "no! no!" she spanked herself! she mocked me! and kept messing with the blinds! oh, my, my, my. it was so hard not to laugh. i have my hands so full.
- i feel like all my friends have gone back to school or have kids that have gone back to school. i know it's post-baby hormones, but i feel terribly left out. i want to smell freshly sharpened pencils.
- i love going to heb. but somehow i always manage to spend at least $60 every time i go. that makes going 2 or 3 times a week a really bad habit.
- i only go to heb after 10 p.m. with grayson. i still haven't tried to go shopping with both kids.
- oh! i still haven't gotten my cell phone switched at sprint so my cell phone availability has been way down too, adding to my disconnectedness.
- cowboys played their last preseason game tonight. a week-and-a-half and until the regular season opener! smu football opens their season with new head coach june jones (of the great u. of hawaii turnaround) at the helm this friday at rice. pony up! go mustangs!
- landon just informed me that he hoped by taking his computer to the office this week, i'd be more productive. "it didn't work. in fact, the opposite came true. you went into hibernation." i guess he's getting that from the piles of laundry in the hall and the fact that EVERY dish in our kitchen is dirty in the sink or, because of overflow, on the counter. hmm. that'll teach him.