Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Thursday, February 21, 2008

i think God got a doctored dictionary. webster left out the word "hurry" in His copy.

i know everyone has experiences like this so you know where i'm coming from.

it's just i felt like we were making progress. i felt like things were getting better, and - though far from "on top of it" - we were at least moving in a positive direction. most of the loose ends were tied up, and progress was beginning.

today, i was rudely informed of the false nature of that feeling. it was a lying feeling.

in fact, we are still flailing around in the deep, dark pool at the bottom. splashing to and fro, hoping for some olympic-style, progress-making strokes to suddenly become something of which we are capable.

crap. crap. crap.

and then when i prayed, a rather pissed off prayer, i might add, God said, "I want you in My house" along with something about baby steps and "remember those things you have already accomplished in Me. faithfulness is not a short term project."

does He not understand the concept of HURRY?!?!!? i get it! hello! can we just freakin' hurry now?!!? the things You're telling me to do are not conducive to hurrying. burn a bush, part a sea, make animals talk and turn water to wine. immediate healing is what we need!

all i want is to hurry... i just want to be on the right track.

now.

3 comments:

Adam said...

I feel that way all the time, and I was ranting one day and my bestfriend asked me, "How do you know you're not on the right track?" I told him to shut up but in reality it makes since. Sometimes the course we're on is the right track we just have the wrong perspective. I'm praying for yall.

Meems said...

I agree with Adam. My arms are waving in the air right with you.

Perspective is key.

marme said...

the discipline of detours...