Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Sunday, December 09, 2007

the great unknown.

the future is scary. when i stop to think about how things will turn out in my life, i feel a leap in my gut that radiates through the rest of my body. it is not always the leap of excitement or positive anticipation. sometimes it is dread, premature regret and fear. i lose sleep. i eternally ponder. but no matter how hard i squint, it still looks foggy.

even so, He draws me near amid my childlike worry.

and with a simple raise of my hands, my tummy is calmed and the tears of sweet surrender flow. i don't know. but He does. and He promises, over and over and over that He has not planned for harm, but for hope. He who sees time promises a happy ending no matter what obstacles present themselves along the path.

as He cradles my heart and soul, the uneasiness subsides. only in His shadow am i able to be completely at rest, at ease with whatever may come.

please stay. i need You so desperately.

2 comments:

marme said...

This much I know...

He overshadows you...

kdp said...

i have learned that staying in the midst of His palm, is half of the battle.

but there is no where else where we find our truest peace.

keep your eyes on Him and that peace will flow steady and sure.