Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Friday, November 02, 2007

last day.

i'm sitting at my people newspapers desk for the last time. i have some writing to get done, but i find myself in a weird sort of fog. it's cloudy outside, and i have a case of the "for the last times."

i've moved probably a dozen times in my life. it's not an unfamiliar situation for me. but regardless of how many times you do it, it's still something that evokes feelings of sadness, angst, nostalgia, excitement and a million other things. a strange combination indeed.

landon is doing such a wonderful job of reminding me about the new things to come. we were just talking about them last night, actually. it's not that i need a lot of reminding. i am definitely way excited. but the end of the old is hard. so the reminding is appreciated.

do you realize that, even though i'm leaving more friends than i've ever had in my life, i am moving to a place where i feel i already have at least four close friends? when does that ever happen? seriously, there are AT LEAST four girls (all mommies, or near mommies, mind you) that i would already count as my friends.

God is so good.

anyway... farewell dear people people. it has been an awesome 2.5 years. i have learned so much, and have been blessed to have such a job.
_______________________________

a couple housekeeping issues:
  • i will be posting halloween photos of ellie in her peacock costume asap. i'm waiting for some additional photos so i can post all at once. be patient (jo).
  • we are officially moving on friday, nov. 9. we will be pulling out of plano super early that morning to drive to sa. that evening and the next day we will be attending the marriage seminar at saf. just in case, you know, you needed a convincing reason to sign up. :)

2 comments:

Missy said...

Aww Ellie as a peacock how cute!

Christal said...

I don't know why but I end up getting teary-eyed when I read your blogs. My guess would be that you are such a good writer, I'm pregnant, and I've been through those kind of changes not to long ago. Anywho... I am excited about the marriage seminar this coming weekend. I pray God does some great things in our marriages!