Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Monday, July 16, 2007

a lullaby for my soul.

since ellie was born - even before that - i've been singing this praise song to her. i don't know why, but it's always the song that comes to me when i need a lullaby. it's running through my head now even though i'm at work without her in my arms.

sometimes i need a lullaby, too.
Lord, i come, take my life.
i offer it to You, a living sacrifice.
by Your grace, by Your blood
i come into the Holy of holies

and all i wanna do is dwell in Your presence
drink from the Well that never runs dry
all i wanna see is the light of Your glory
just one glimpse, just one drink
and my soul is satisfied

No comments: