Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

great is Thy faithfulness.

so if you've been following, you know i've been wrestling with a big decision in my life for the past few months. you also know i haven't been able to post many details about said situation.

well, now, i can.

it's about my job.

on monday, i gave my two-week notice. i hope to become a teacher.

there are many reasons i want to be a teacher -- a journalism teacher, mind you -- not the least of which is that the only thing i've ever wanted to be besides a journalist is a teacher. there is also my heart for teenagers, the magazine dream, summers off, christmas off and a fairly sizable raise.

problem: i still don't have a teaching job.

that was the dilemma. i needed to quit my current job now in order to be available for staff development if i were to get a job for this school year.

kinda scary, huh? yeah. i freaked out for quite some time as you'll recall.

landon and i both struggled with why we felt the Lord was asking me to take a step of faith and quit without having another job. at times, it felt just plain stupid.

but we couldn't deny the urging so i did it.

i told my bosses i didn't have a teaching job yet, and they said, "well, do you want to work here until you get one?"

um....YES!

we didn't even consider that option. it never occured to me that they'd ask me to stay. either i was going to get a teaching job, or i was going to be searching for something else, which was the scary part.

but it's just like God to think of something you never would have. and it's always better than anything you could've come up with, isn't it?

i love my job at people so it's an awesome scenario.

i don't know where things go from here, but i do know that the One who is faithful never ceases to amaze me.

hallelujah!

6 comments:

kj said...

i'm so very happy that God worked things out, sister. it's way better than we could have imagined a couple of weeks ago.

i love you very much and i am so proud of you for listening to God and taking that leap of faith!

cls said...

Wow! That is a huge leap! I didn't know you had a teaching certificate! If you have any questions on secondary education, just let me know. I'd be glad to help.

no_iffer said...

I am so very happy for you! I know that finally having some decision made feels wonderful and you will make a great teacher, especially in journalism or even English. I am so happy that it worked out so well with your other job. God really does know what he is doing, huh? It's amazing how he answers our prayers so much better than we ever expected.

Well, I just wish there was some miraculous way you could move here and teach! How fun would that be?!

marme said...

What a feeling...

to walk in obedience, no matter how scared you are, what people say, or how stupid it somethimes seems and find God waiting faithfully on the other side of your sacrifice.

To feel His smile of approval and find an added bonus waiting.

That is merely a confirmation of blessings to come...

Thank you, Lord Jesus, for taking care of my children and blessing them to boot!

Sandy said...

Sarah,
I hope for the very best for you in this new career choice. You're doing what I did 7 years ago. I received the alternative teaching certificate in secondary math. The work was very hard and time-consuming the first year, but it is so much better now. I didn't have the coursework that you will receive and I think that will help you significantly more than when I started. I will keep you in my prayers.
S

ree said...

Our God is so amazing. Not only does He provide what we NEED, He also is gracious enough to give us what we DESIRE. How cool is that?
I'm so happy for you!