Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

a happy birthday day, only shots hurt fat baby legs.

ellie was in the sweetest mood for her birthday this morning. until...i let two nurses stick her with four different needles. she's been a little cranky since then, needless to say.

she weights 13 pounds, 4 ounces and is 24.5 inches long.

the doctor said rolling from back to front (which she did first) is a six-month skill!

i was beaming.

also, the nurses heard her babbling away (before the needles), and said, "it's obvious people talk to her."

that made me feel good.

and finally, the doctor said if she starts waking up in the night again (she's slept through the night for the past week -- i didn't tell you -- i didn't want to jinx it), that we can start to feed her rice cereal and orange/yellow baby foods like squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, apple sauce, pears, etc.

can you believe my baby might start eating baby food?!

me neither.

here are some photos of her from the last month.

does anyone else think she looks exactly like landon? or is that just me?

kisses from brother.

photos by lolli.

photos by lolli 2.

ellie and landon's pepaw. love this photo.

tummy time.

"i love you, miss butterfly."

all-clean girl.

my insanely skinny babysitter. sheesh.

ellie loves to hold her toes. it occupies her just long enough before she decides to roll over.

more toes.

and the rollover.

"i'm so proud!"

"i look like my daddy."

2 comments:

Natalie said...

yay new pics! ellie is so freaking cute. and yeah, in that last picture, she does look like landon!

cls said...

Sarah,

It's been a long while since I've seen your blog. I remember you posted the address on your myspace page when Ellie was first born.

I am literally taken aback at how beautiful your baby girl is. She is amazing. My husband walked into the computer room as I was looking at these pictures and he said, "Whoa! That is a pretty baby!! Who is that?!"

I just wanted you to know that you and Landon created a gorgeous child. It seems the older she gets, the more pretty she becomes. *sigh* I am so happy for you.