Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Thursday, May 24, 2007

aunt lolli: the most wonderful sister on earth.

as most of you know, i'm lucky enough to have worked out a schedule that allows me to keep ellie out of a traditional daycare. landon watches her mondays and friday afternoons. i watch her wednesdays and friday mornings. and tuesdays and thursdays my sister, the reason for this post, watches her.

laura (affectionately known at aunt lolli) is a gift from heaven for so many reasons, but the one we will discuss this afternoon is her baby-watching ability.

the woman is working for peanuts, and drives her pretty little head all the way from denton to my apartment in plano so ellie can be comfortable in her own home. laura is so good with her - i know ellie is beyond taken care of.

here's my favorite part: laura is so good about updating me throughout the day. she never forgets to tell me when ellie's eating (ahem, landon) so i can pump (sorta)consistently with her schedule. she calls to talk to me whenever ellie is fussy. and, this is my super favorite, she sends me picture mail. i'll be sitting at my desk working away, and my phone beeps. i look at it to see my sweet baby smiling or swinging or sleeping with a message written as if ellie is saying it. the one i got today has a way cute picture of ellie with a headband on. it says, "aunt lolli bought me headbands! i love them!!" laura had to run to wal-mart to get some more mylacon drops (ellie has been a bit gassy the past few days), and apparently got suckered into some sweet headbands while she was there.

it just makes me feel so good to have updates -- without even having to ask for them -- so i know my baby is safe and happy.

laura is incredible.

when i stop to think about it, i am amazed at how wonderfully blessed i am with a sister like her.

so wonderfully blessed.

No comments: