Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Thursday, April 19, 2007

more on virginia tech.

remember i told you my grandaddy went to virginia tech? my dad read my blog, and sent me this email. my grandparents got married, and then grandaddy left to fight in wwII - he was the navigator in fighter jets. when he came back, he went to virginia tech on the gi bill. as you see in the story below, he had a wife and kids while attending. my dad was born after they moved to norfolk. he is the youngest of three.

"Sarah -- As a follow up to your blog on reading about Virginia Tech in the paper at lunch...I talked to Grandmother yesterday, and she said that she remembers walking across campus with Ellen in a stroller (less than one year old) and waiting at the edge of that athletic/practice feild to meet Granddaddy when he got out of class. The practice field is still there, as is the part of the campus that separates the living areas from the classroom buildings. Also, Jody was born in Blacksburg while they were there. A simpler time in the world. Dad"

No comments: