Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Friday, January 05, 2007

the definition of keeping one's self entertained.

i'm trying to work at my laptop at the kitchen table, and doc really wants me to throw his green jingly ball i bought for him a couple days ago.

well, it's hard to write while your obsessive-compulsive dog continues to bring the ball to your lap over and over and over for hours.

so i just started ignoring him.

well, he still hops up on my lap, drops the ball after a couple seconds and it rolls off down my legs and across the floor. he chases it like i've just thrown it, and he has to get it before someone else does. my legs are crossed at my ankles so sometimes the ball gets trapped right there. he stares at it, every muscle tensed, and pounces on it - grabbing it like i might yank it back from him or something.

i'm not sure whether the dog is a genius or a moron.

he's happy. that's all that matters.

No comments: