Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

in other baby news...

...i had a dream last night that i was holding a little girl named lila. i can't be sure whether it was my little girl or not. but i held her. i know that.

the name lyla is on our (ever-lengthening) list of baby names.

i'm trying to decide if spelling the name with a 'y' instead of an 'i' is pretty or looks like someone just trying to be different for the sake of being different. and everyone will misspell her name her whole life, and i should just be normal and get over it.

lila.

lyla.

lyla ruth henry. that's how it reads on our baby name list.

lyla means "dark" and ruth means "compassionate friend." both of my grandmothers' names are ruth.

her initials would be lrh.

oh, the joy and agony of baby naming. i LOVE it!

1 comment:

Molly said...

I LOVE, LOVE (I can't type any bigger or I would) LILA!!!! I love it so much that it has been on my baby name list since Nat you and I chatted that one day. I love writing cursive 'L's, so awesome. I give it 10 out of 10