Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Friday, August 18, 2006

a quick baby doctor update.

i weigh exactly the same as i did the last time i went to doctor.

that makes my baby weight gain -2 so far.

as it turns out, i can't have the fetal testing blood work done until 15 weeks (not a minute before), and i'm only 14 weeks and two days. so.. i'm going back in two weeks to have that done. after all that praying, we have two more weeks to pray.

we heard the baby's heart, and it's beating at 150 a minute today.

the first time we went, it was 138. the second time, she didn't tell me.

i asked her about what's normal for fluctuation, and she told me that a variation in heartbeat means a healthy baby.

yeah!

so that's about it.. i told her i get migraines. she told me i'm doing the best things for them right now (taking two tylenol, wrapping my head in ice and hibernating under covers), but that if they get worse, she'd prescribe me narcotics and something for my stomach if i get nauseous.

yeah for available narcotics! (just kidding..)

another good day at the baby doctor.

less than six weeks until we know if it's a boy or a girl...the countdown has begun.

No comments: