Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Thursday, November 03, 2005

it's all in the details.

i don't know if it's because i'm in journalism and really know the greatness of a detail photo along with wider angle shots or what, but some of my favorite photos from our wedding are the details shots. there are about 12 that are my favorite, but i'm going to spare you all of them and maybe only give you, oh, eight or so. =) tell me what you think. oh, and thanks to nat for teaching me how to post photos... that girl is a wealth of information.
green lanterns from CB2 (a division of the great crate and barrel). they lined our "aisle" and also kylah's amazingly inventive boyfriend thought to wrap brown ribbon around the trees and create a sort of clothesline-looking set up to hang more lanterns over tables. mike is good!
leaf bouts - thanks to martha for the idea. landon's nanny made all of them. if it weren't for her, there wouldn't have been any.
my cake. it speaks for itself. incredible. yes, it's all chocolate. chocolate cake with a double filling of fudge butter cream icing and raspberry chambord, then covered in fudge butter cream icing and drenched in chocolate ganache. um, wow. then the ledges were covered with corse sugar. and you can see the vendela roses - they topped it and surrounded it at bottom.
beribboned candles my mom designed that sat on the punch table - that silver thing held the ice. my mom is amazing.
another mom idea...tin soup cans spray painted gold filled with a few roses and greenery and hung at the end of rows of chairs with brown satin ribbon.
the back of my dress after my mom and sister (aka the maid of honor) just helped me into it.

No comments: