Aiming for progress, not perfection.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Monday, July 27, 2009

bad blogger.

dude...you know you love my living room. my sweet grandmother actually emailed me and said, "enough with the furniture! where are those babies?!" she doesn't care about my furniture. hmm.. guess i can't blame her. problem is, my camera is busted, and i typically get my inspiration to post from pictures of my kiddos. i have a post ruminating about my classroom and the coming of the school year. that'll be up soon. bbbbuuuutt... you'll have to wait until at least wednesday. BECAUSE...i'm going on a mini vacation! landon and i are going to the horseshoe bay resort in the hill country tomorrow for two whole days of total aloneness. i've been thinking, and i don't think i've spent the night without at least one kid in more than a year. maybe going on two. that's bad, people. bad, bad. but the streak ends tomorrow night! we're in boerne at kylah's house where the kids are going to stay with kylah and delana while we're in marble falls. landon and i are leaving in the morning to bask in resort greatness. i plan on getting a saffron & silk massage/body treatment and a pedicure and sitting by the pool and in the jacuzzi and reading and sleeping ALL NIGHT WITH NO INTERRUPTIONS UNTIL LIKE....TEN A.M.!!! holy cow. it's gonna be fun. landon is playing in a two-day golf tournament so he's pretty pumped too. :) anyway..this is a horribly puncuated, non-paragraphed post that i'll end now. just think of me for the next two days and be jealous!

(i am have a teensy bit of anxiety over leaving my still-so-far nursing son. but i think the saffron & silk thing is going to ease that tension out of me quite nicely.)

No comments: